Top Chef Competition Rules/Regulations
What: “Type Chef” style competition (minimum of two, maximum of TWELVE contestants- in each city). Each contestant must prepare a 3-Course Meal from the provided mystery ingredients. There will be 2 segments of competitions. Each winner will receive the “Black Culinary Expo Top Chef” award presented by a sponsor and another incentive to be mentioned at a later date. Each contestant is allowed one (1) assistant.
When: (Check Desired City Date) There will be segments of our competition: 12:00pm-2pm 3:00pm-5pm. Set-up time starts at an 30 min before each competition. Contestants must be set up and ready to compete by start time!
Where: The Top Chef competition will take place at all three Cities (NYC, Miami, Atlanta, Chicago, D.C., & Philadelphia)
Contestant will supply:
- all Food (Must Be Listed)
- any and all cooking/preparation tools needed (example: grill, electric skillet, knives, cutting boards, wash basins, etc.)
- potable (drinking) water
- ingredients that may be brought to the competition: herbs, spices, basic condiments, thickening agents, oils/butter, vinegars, flavorings and mayonnaise
- presentation items — each contestant will be required to present one (1) plated dish for each of his/her preparations
- Contestants must provide one (1) portion for each of the three judges of each dish made
- Contestants are allowed to bring serving trays for their own presentation purposes
Judging: A drawing will determine the contestants’ judging order. There will be three judges. Each contestant’s total entries will be given a cumulative score based upon three categories — 10 points each for appearance, taste and creativity — for a highest possible score of 30.
How to enter: Anyone interested in entering the competition must fill out entry form below and submit form and payment no later than May 1st, 2014